Are you fan of cocktails? Well, this recipe is for you. For today’s recipe, I will share to you the raspberry gin cocktail recipe that I’m sure everyone will love.
In full summer, when all the vegetables and all the freshly picked fruits flood our markets, I like to make this raspberry gin cocktail. It’s fool-proof, versatile and vibrant with freshness.
There are two versions of this cocktail: you can serve in a chilled cocktail coupe or in a highball, topped with sparkling water and ice cubes.
Strawberry Blonde – a raspberry gin cocktail recipe
Try this raspberry gin recipe and leave your comments below!
- 1 cocktail coupe or a martini glass – or a highball glass for the allongé version
- 1 shaker
- 1 fine mesh sieve
- 1 cocktail strainer
- 1 large bowl
- 1 muddling stick
- 5 ripe raspberries
- 15 ml lime juice or half a lime
- 40 g cucumber about 2 inches, or 5 cm, in length
- 5 large basil leaves
- 80 ml gin or 2.75 oz
- 10 ml simple syrup or 0.33 oz
- sparkling or soda water optional, to taste
- Add plenty of ice and water to your glass of choice.
- Cut the cucumber in a 1 cm dice.
- Put all the ingredients except the sparkling water into the shaker. Use the muddling stick and crush all the ingredients in order to extract the juice out of the lime, cucumber and raspberry and the aroma of the basil.
- Add a large handful of ice cubes, close the shaker and shake. Count to 12, and then stop shaking.
- Place the fine mesh sieve over a large bowl, then pour the contents of the shaker in the sieve.
- Throw away the ice and water from the glass.
- Then, from the large bowl and through the cocktail strainer, pour everything in the glass.
- Garnish the rim with a small sliver of lime, a raspberry and a cucumber wheel.
- (Optional) top with sparkling water and/or a large ice cube and serve.
READ MORE: My version of Dry Martini Vodka. Click Here!