Maple dressing recipe – Several years ago, I wrote, with my mother, the recipe book Popote et Parlotte pour la Coop to benefit the Coop du Grand-Bois in St-Étienne-de-Bolton, QC, Canada, along with several other artisans from the Eastern Townships region. Maple Dressing Vinaigrette is one of the recipes in this book, a family recipe, as written by my father.
When I was a kid, the cream floated on the milk on the doorstep. In the garden, the curly lettuce and chives were ready to be eaten. The maple syrup was waiting in the fridge. A few drops of vinegar, salt and pepper. I think the weather was always nice in those days.
Maple Syrup Vinaigrette
Maple Syrup Vinaigrette: try it and leave your comments!
- One bowl
- One head of lettuce any lettuce will do, but green leaf or red leaf are best
- 60 ml sour cream
- 12 ml rice vinegar
- 10 ml maple syrup
- 30 ml wild garlic leaves in season – or finely chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 10 ml water – or more to obtain the desired consistency
Mise en place
- Wash and drain the lettuce.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and whisk together.
- Taste: does the seasoning need to be adjusted? More vinegar, salt? Is the consistency pleasant, do you need to add water?
- Mix the dressing with the lettuce just before serving.
- In a large family bowl with a whole roasted chicken!
READ MORE: My recipe for Chicken in vermouth sauce. Click here!
This recipe is very good. Makes me want to go vegetarian.